For those counting calories, the skinny Moscow Mule is a great way to enjoy the classic cocktail but eliminate the guilt (or at least reduce it a bit 🙂 ). Super simple and only a slight twist to the regular recipe is needed:
- 2 oz. Vodka
- Juice from 1/2 lime (full lime if you like a tangy cocktail)
- Bottle of non-alcoholic diet ginger beer
- Slice of lime and mint (garnish)
- Fill your copper mug with plenty of ice.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Add vodka.
- Pour in ginger beer until your mug is a little more than three quarters of the way full.
- Stir and add lime and/or mint as a garnish.
- Gosling’s & Royalty Diet Ginger Beers are a great low calorie choices for this skinny Moscow Mule recipe. Fever Tree also has a “naturally light” ginger beer with 42% less calories that’s excellent too.
- As with any recipe, the better ingredients you use, the better your recipe will turn out. If you follow this Moscow Mule recipe but use, say, cheap vodka and ginger ale (not ginger beer), it will taste fine and “get the job done” but it will pale in comparison if you would’ve used a premium vodka and a quality ginger beer.
- Like your cocktails with more of an acidic bite? Use the entire lime instead of just half.
- Once you’ve mastered the basic Moscow Mule recipe, give your hand a try at 9 creative Mule twists (you can make all of these skinny Moscow Mules by simply swapping diet ginger beer instead of the regular, sweeter ginger beer).
- To take your experience to the next level, ensure the key recipe components are well chilled; use cold ginger beer and put your Moscow Mule copper mug and vodka in the freezer for a few hours prior to mixing time.